A few years ago we started focusing very intensively on tubeless and especially on tubeless for racing bikes. In this context, we learned: tubeless on racing bikes is an exceptionally challenging innovation. This is because manufacturing high-pressure capable tubeless tyres to an excellent level is anything other than easy.
We are now convinced: tubeless is the tyre technology of the future.
This is because tubeless offers clear benefits in terms of speed, comfort, grip and puncture protection for all sporty and ambitious cyclists. This not only applies off the road but also on the road – with both racing bikes and touring bikes.
- Friction between the tyre and tube is now a thing of the past. This crucially reduces the rolling resistance. It is even smaller than with super light competition tyres.
- With tubeless, you can ride with less air pressure – without restrictions to performance! This brings noticeable advantages in comfort, but also significantly more control in critical situations and on poor routes.
- Tubeless systems provide very high puncture protection. Sudden air loss due to bursting tubes or valves tearing is ruled out. At the same time, a puncture protection fluid seals incisions within a tenth of a second, during the ride.
TOUR, Europe's biggest racing bike magazine, recently put tubeless tyres to the test (edition 8/2015): "Clear test winner with grade 1.4: SCHWALBE PRO ONE" more information
TUBELESS EASY WIth MicroSkin
- MicroSkin is the development which makes the difference compared to previous tubeless tyres. The patented construction consists of a high-tensile micro fabric which is vulcanized together with the rubber compound and the carcass. MicroSkin envelops the entire carcass and facilitates a fault-free Tubeless Easy operation for high-pressure tyres, not unlike SnakeSkin on an MTB tyre.
- Tubeless tyres for racing bikes are now getting clearly lighter and also significantly faster.
- The technology of the future for cross and touring bikes.
- The integrated MicroSkin fabric completes several important functions at the same time. It ensures impermeability. It guarantees reliable high-pressure stability. And on a side note, it also improves the overall cut resistance.
TUBELESS EASY with SnakeSkin
- The monofile SnakeSkin fabric on the side wall makes the tubeless conversion for the MTB extremely easy and safe. It also provides the best cut protection on the side wall.
- For this reason, Tubeless Easy with SnakeSkin comes as standard with our high-end MTB tyres in our EVOLUTION Line.
THE FITTING PROCESS
Fit the tire as usual onto the rim. Be cautious when applying the tire levers. Important: Apply assembly liquid to both tire beads before inflating (1). Make sure the valve is between the beads when inflating (2). Start inflating with apowerful burst of air (track pump or compressor) (3). The tire engages audibly on the rim. Using the rim line, make sure the tire is properly in place (4).
Deflate the tire a little. Remove the valve core (valve key is supplied with Doc Blue) and fill in 60 ml of the puncture protection liquid Doc Blue (5). For road bike tubes 30 ml are enough.
Strictly observe the indications regarding maximum inflation pressure of tire and rim!
Do not use CO2 cartridges. CO2 has a negative effect on the puncture protection liquid.
Be careful in general when using the sealing liquid. It easily causes stains on clothing or pieces of furniture.
Tubeless Easy Kit
All in one package for a tubeless conversion. You can buy all accessories separately or choose this whole set. The new Schwalbe Tubeless Easy Kit offers everything to convert your bike to tubeless. It contains two Tubeless rim tapes, two Tubeless valves, 2 bottles Doc Blue, the mounting fluid Easy Fit as well as a set of tire levers. The kit is available with rim tapes in a width of 21, 23 and 25mm – for every purposes whether MTB or road bike.
Tubeless Easy Kit 21, Art.-No. 16620021
Tubeless Easy Kit 23, Art.-No. 16620023
Tubeless Easy Kit 25, Art.-No. 16620025
Tire Levers: The colour blue is a trademark of Park Tool for bicycle tools and is used under license.
These Tubeless valves are made of aluminum and are very light. In black-anodized they look very sleek on any rim. The conical valve base works universally and will fit in most rims.
If these valves do not work in some rare cases then it’s best to use the valves provided by the wheel manufacturer.
TL-Valve, 40 mm, twin-pack, Art.-No. 3460
Extension, 30 mm, twin-pack, Art.-No. 3461
Extension, 65 mm, twin-pack, Art.-No. 3462
Doc Blue Professional
Ideally suited for Tubeless conversions. Produced by Stan’s NoTubes! It can also be used as a puncture preventative for bicycle tubes, tubular tires and standard Tubeless systems.
60 ml bottle, Art.-No. 3710
500 ml bottle, Art.-No. 3711
Dose: 60 ml/tire (Race bike 30 ml). Effective ca. 2-7 Months. Thereafter dries to a rubber film. Can be renewed. Only suitable for tubes with a removable valve core. Ineffective on large defects (cuts/bursts).
Tubeless rim band
The tubeless rim tape is extremely user friendly and at the same time very high pressure resistant. Even on road bikes a single ply of tape is sufficient.
10 m x 19 mm, Art.-No. 887019
10 m x 21 mm, Art.-No. 887021
10 m x 23 mm, Art.-No. 887023
10 m x 25 mm, Art.-No. 887025
10 m x 27 mm, Art.-No. 887027
10 m x 29 mm, Art.-No. 887029
Makes changing tires a snap. The new shape and surface of the tire lever makes the assembly and disassembly of a tire more enjoyable. For both tires and hands too!
The new tire levers are especially helpful in difficult assembly operations. Clip it onto the rim, to fix the already mounted section of the tire, and it won‘t slide out when the last section is levered onto the rim.
3 piece set, Art.-No. 1847
The colour blue is a trademark of Park Tool for bicycle tools and is used under license.
The easy way to inflate tubeless tires. With the new TIRE BOOSTER from Schwalbe, tubeless tire assembly can be accomplished easily. Even without a compressor. With a power of up to eleven bar every tire immediately seats itself safely on the rim and seals everything evenly. If you need an even bigger flow of air, a special adapter is also available. The 435 g light, handy cylinder is the perfect remedy for every tubeless tire assembly, whether at home or on your trips.