PROCORE – RIDE PROGRESSIVE
Schwalbe releases further news about its new Dual Chamber System.
PROCORE is short for progressive core. The „core“ is filled with a high pressure of about 55-85 psi and progressively cushions very hard knocks. Therefore the outer tire can be ridden at an extremely low pressure, which leads to significantly improved performance. On standard tires riding at less than 20 psi is simply too risky, because the possibility of snake-bites is just too high.
The dual chamber Procore system has already been proven in Worldcup races. Nico Lau won his first ever Enduro World Cup using Procore. On Scotland’s extreme Downhill course in Fort William, Emmeline Ragot (1st place) and Sam Hill (2nd place) were also successful using Procore.
All riders are really thrilled about the new opportunities:
- Tire pressure can be reduced to a minimum 14 psi, thus providing a huge amount of grip. Even on the roughest terrain tires “stick” to the ground.
- The tire provides extremely sensitive cushioning.
- Due to the extra cushioning and traction there is much better steering, braking and traction control.
- No more risk of snake bites. The rims are extremely well protected from denting.
- Even in the toughest conditions, significantly lighter tires can be used.
- Excellent emergency running characteristics due to the internal highpressure air chamber.
- At the same time, Procore’s inner system secures the tire to the rim and prevents the dreaded „burping” of tubeless systems.
The Procore system is a joint development with Syntace, but it can be mounted in all conventional wheels that have a minimum internal width of 23 mm. Weight per wheel is ca. 200 g and of course Procore will be available for all 3 MTB wheel diameters.
SCHWALBE | Ralf Bohle GmbH
Telefon: +49 2265 109-57
Fax: +49 2265 7022
Nouveau Pressbook PROCORE Download (pdf, 1.9 Mo) Download (jpg, 333.3 Ko)