PROCORE – Ride Progressive
Already tested and well proven in Downhill-Worldcup and Enduro World Series: Procore, the new double chamber system by Schwalbe. We have given only a few information to the press, yet. But now we release more details and pictures of the revolutionary technique.
PROCORE is short for progressive core. The „core“ is filled with a high pressure of about 55-85 psi and progressively cushions very hard knocks. Therefore the outer tire can be ridden at an extremely low pressure, which leads to significantly improved performance. On standard tires riding at less than 20 psi is simply too risky, because the possibility of snake-bites is just too high.
The dual chamber PROCORE system has already been proven in Worldcup races. Nico Lau won his first ever Enduro World Series race using PROCORE. On Scotland’s extreme Downhill course in Fort William, Emmeline Ragot (1st place) and Sam Hill (2nd place) were also successful using PROCORE.
All riders are really thrilled about the new opportunities:
- Tire pressure can be reduced to a minimum 14 psi, thus providing a huge amount of grip. Even on the roughest terrain tires “stick” to the ground.
- The tire provides extremely sensitive cushioning.
- Due to the extra cushioning and traction there is much better steering, braking and traction control.
- No more risk of snake bites. The rims are extremely well protected from denting.
- Even in the toughest conditions, significantly lighter tires can be used.
- Excellent emergency running characteristics due to the internal highpressure air chamber.
- At the same time, Procore’s inner system secures the tire to the rim and prevents the dreaded „burping” of tubeless systems.
The PROCORE system is a joint development with Syntace, but it can be mounted in all conventional wheels that have a minimum internal width of 23 mm. Weight per wheel is ca. 200 g and of course PROCORE will be available for all 3 MTB wheel diameters.